"Very thorough and helpful"

About: Harmoni / NHS 111 Hillingdon Hospital / Cardiology

I am 84 and on the day in question I wasn't feeling well. I have a medallion which I need to press to contact Careline. I was feeling light headed so they said they would ring 111 for me. When 111 called, they were very thorough and asked helpful questions. They suggested I take it easy and if I was unwell, I should call my GP. 10 minutes later they called back and said the best thing was to call an ambulance and go to Hillingdon Hospital. I don't know if they had access to my medical records as I have a history of heart problems and had prostate cancer 11 years ago. I got my son to take me to the hospital and was there a couple of days.

Response from Amanda Mayo, NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

Thank you for posting your experienece. I hope that you are now feeling much better.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about the Careline and 111 services. We are very pleased that you were happy with the service you received and that you were provided with good advice about calling an ambulance and attending Hillingdon Hospital.