"Visitor one day patient the next!"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I travelled to Southampton Hospital from London to visit my Aunt in Ward F2 and was very impressed at the way she looked. I felt very confident that she was receiving excellent care. The nurses were very busy(as always)but were cheerful and very pleasant. I also wanted to visit my Uncle who lives in Lymington so did ask before leaving my home if I could visit the ward earlier than the visiting time and I was given permission.

Later on in the evening I developed a problem with one of my eyes which affected my sight so I stayed overnight at Everton. My niece telephoned the Casualty Eye Dept., who agreed to see me. I had a full Eye examination and I need to have further treatment. The Dr very kindly printed me a letter for my local hospital and also for my Doctor so that I could return home next day. Overall I was very, very impressed with Southampton Hospital and would like to express my thanks with the care that my Aunt receives and also the treatment that I received. Thank you.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

I was so pleased to read your positive comments about the services on ward F2 and the Eye Casualty. I will pass your message on to the staff concerned. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.