"Many, many thanks"

About: Churchill Hospital

This letter comes with my very real and sincere thanks.

Over the past month or so I have visited the Churchill hospital on a number of occasions culminating in a two day stay in the Urology ward to undergo surgery.

I would like to tell you how hugely impressed I am with regards to a quite remarkable organisation. I was met with nothing but politeness, compassion, cheerfulness and professionalism. The spirit of quiet comradery and efficiency that filled the Urology Ward – I shall never ever forget.

In particular I would like to pass my personal thanks to a particular nurse on the ward. He could not have been kinder and more considerate. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he went to enormous efforts to make sure every need was looked after and, at the same time, did so with genuine friendliness and professionalism.

Thank you once again for an experience of which I shall always remember with admiration and deep appreciation.

Response from Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for posting your comments about your treatment and surgery on the Urology ward recently at the Churchill Hospital. It is reassuring to hear that our staff are epitomising our values of ‘delivering compassionate excellent’ in such a strong and positive manner. We note that in particular you describe our staff as polite, compassionate, cheerful and professional who "go about their work with a spirit of quiet comradery and efficiency" - I am sure those involved in your care will be delighted to read this.

We are very much aware that visiting and being treated in hospital can be a daunting experience and all our staff continually work hard to improve the patient experience.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to post your comments - they are very much appreciated - we hope that you continue to progress well.

Response from Churchill Hospital