"Needed operation, very positive experience"

About: Broomfield Hospital

Fracture clinic a long way from entrance, not good especially when you have to hop on crutches so you can't really attend appointments alone. Lack of wheelchairs also an issue.

My injury was found to be worse than initially told and I was admitted for an operation. I was admitted a couple of days later and had the op and discharged the next day. All the medical staff involved in my care, on the ward and those involved in the op were kind, couldn't do enough for you and I can't fault the way I was treated. Food a bit blurgh but it is a hospital not a restaurant.

After reading numerous horror stories about the way patients are treated in some hospitals I was relieved to find this was not the case at Notley Ward. It was a great place to spend a couple of days, would recommend it to anyone needing orthopaedic surgery.

Response from Broomfield Hospital

Thank you for the comments on our services. I will be forwarding them to the lead nurse for orthopaedics to share with the team. We are aware wheelchairs are sometimes difficult to locate so our team of porters and volunteers are working together to replenish the entrance areas that are running low for patients.