"The district and Marie Curie nurses who cared for my lovely Grandma"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / District nursing

My Grandma died at home in her own bed, as she wished, after a short battle with cancer. I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to the wonderful team of district nurses - led by Sarah Hewinson, but you were all brilliant - who cared for my Grandma with compassion, respect and genuine kindness in her final days. Similarly to Lousie Hayden, the Marie Curie nurse who also formed part of the team, and again provided wonderful care and support, and helped address our worries and concerns. You are true heroes and you made such a difference, thank you.

Response from Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your posting. Sister Hewinson and her team are very grateful to receive this compliment. The District Nursing service prides itself on the excellent standard of care we are able to provide to patients and their families who need such support, working in collaboration with other services to ensure that patients are cared for in their preferred place of care. The Adlington team feel extremely privileged to have been able to care for your Grandma and family through what was a difficult time.

Kathryn Woods