"Generally very good but night staff loud on Forest Ward"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

Generally very good. Night staff need to be quieter at night as disturbs sleep, talking to loud.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for your comments regardng the care you recieved on Forest Ward, I am sorry that you were disturbed at night by the staff talking, I understand that trying to sleep in a hospital setting can be difficult as the ward does operate fully 24 hours a day. The night staff do try to be as quiet as possible at night and unfortunately the staff do need to discuss issues relating to the work on the ward. I realise though that sometimes the voices can creep up at times which the staff may not always be aware of - I shall discuss your coments with the ward manager and ask her to discuss with the night staff the importance of remaining as quiet as possible at night and to be mindful of patients trying to settle and sleep.Thank you for raising this, we really appreciate the feedback as this allows us to improve where we can and to consider how our actions impact on others in ways we may not be aware of.

Sara Jane Ashmore