"West Surrey Clinical Neurophysiology Dept."

About: St Peter's Hospital / Neurology

I was requested to attend the above department for a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG in early February.

I was met in reception by Ms Jayne Merriman, Receptionist, who was charming, helpful and polite. I was then seen By Dr Adrian J Fowle, Consultant who patiently explained to me fully the tests I was about to undergo. As I have an ICD he informed me that the tests would not begin until a specialist to monitor my ICD from Cardiology was present. Ms Janet Wilson appeared from the ICD device clinic and was also friendly and supportive during the EMG tests. All three persons are a credit to the NHS.

Response from Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments about our neurophysiology service. We will make sure that they are passed onto Joyce, Dr Fowle and Janet in particular.

Response from Gina Alexander, Director, Patient Opinion Scotland, Patient Opinion

Dr Fowle, who, after reading the story, emailed us to say "I am very grateful to the patient for the kind comment" and to set a couple of things right. We've changed the department and the name of the "very lovely receptionist" (Dr Fowle's words) who is Jayne.

Thank you Dr Fowle for taking the time to do so and, also for letting us know that this story has, in fact, been passed onto you. You're absolutely right, these things do matter.

Best wishes

Gina

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Thank you for praising the efforts of our neurophysiology team and the three individuals you mention.