"Certain improvements need to be made"

About: The Walton Centre

I had my operation and then stayed in hospital for 5 days. I'm going to be honest and factual as there is no point beating about the bush! The food was absolutely awful, I couldn't eat it and my partner had to bring in sandwiches,etc for me. I could see that staffing levels were reduced, especially at night and they were run off their feet, I tried not to bother them but during the first night after my op, I had no choice. When I pressed my buzzer, I was sometimes told they would be with me in 10 mins but they didn't return, I should have been encouraged to move about due to the type of op but hardly anyone bothered. Certain details weren't checked with me on arrival at hospital such as GP confirmation etc, no-one bothered to ask had I done the vital ablutions before I was discharged. At one point I had to lie in urine soaked sheets as a member of staff wouldn't accept the fact that I could not hold the cardboard 'item' myself, was told that sheets would be changed but I had to remind them! Certain members of staff were really good and others need to put a bit more care and compassion into their daily work like nurses did years ago. I was glad to get home and put some weight on after not being able to eat properly. I noticed that the majority of comments on here have mentioned the problem with the food. Parking is also a big problem for the Walton Centre.

Response from Fran Seagreaves, Customer Care Manager, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that you have had a negative experience at the Walton Centre. I will pass your comments to our Director of Nursing. However if you would like us to investigate your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care Team on 0151 529 5530 or if you prefer, put your concerns in writing to Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Lower Lane, Liverpool L9 7LJ.

Best wishes

Customer Care Team

Response from The Walton Centre

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. The Walton Trust has taken a note of your comments and has given this feedback to the relevant Managers, and to take action where necessary. We are keen to develop our services and this information is helpful for us to continue to improve our patient experience. If you would like to provide us with any further information or feedback you can contact us directly at customer.careteam@thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk and on 0151 529 5530/5517/4641/6100.