"Immunology"

About: Northern General Hospital

After being under this service fell ill with shingles and under no treatment and having another month to wait for a appointment phoned the consultants secretary after 2 days and no phone call back phoned again and was told I wasn't important enough to get a earlier appointment ! Surely if they were ill and also was missing time off work which in my case is the NHS ! Would be important ? I'm starting to lose all confidence in this service , and losing my confidence in the Nhs . I'm trying my best to get on my feet but feels like I'm being abandoned ! As I'm not important enough ! I want to keep my job in the Nhs surely that's important enough ! ?

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Broadbent

I am sorry you are experienceing problems in accessing services at the Northern General Hospital.

If you would like us to investigate this for you please do contact our Patient Services Team on 0114 2712400 or PST@sth.nhs.uk with further details and we will see if there is anything that can be done to get you seen earlier.

Response from Northern General Hospital

Dear Broadbent