"Operation and aftercare"

About: Warrington Hospital

I was very nervous on arrival for my woman's operation but was put at ease within minutes. I was told at all times what was going to happen and treated with the utmost respect and care. The staff on Ward C 20 were both caring and patient and took the time to explain what they were doing and why. I spent four days and three nights in all on this ward and could not rate highly enough the "service" and care I received. The ward was full at all times but I was never forgotten or neglected by the very busy staff, with numerous patients/ailments/surgeries to care for and who remained cheerful at all times. On discharge, I was assured that there would be somebody to talk to should I encounter any problems or worries, then or at a later date. My hospital experience was, in one could call it, an pleasurable experience. Warrington General has certainly improved since the birth of my first child in 1988 - when problems with the toilets/infections remained in my mind for many years. Happily this has not been the case this time around.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us on NHS Choices. We're pleased that you had a positive experience on C20 and we'll pass on your feedback to the staff on the ward for you. We hope your recovery is going well and thanks again for your comments.