"Outpatient appointment at Staffordshire Hospital, Stafford"

About: Stafford Hospital / Radiology

On arriving at the hospital, parking was difficult, but eventually found a spot.

The directions to the X-Ray department were clear, and the ladies at the check in desk were very polite and apologised for the work that was being carried out.

After putting the gowns on, I was shown into the ultrasound scan room, by a very helpful nurse who put me at my ease. However, the practitioner who was going to do the 2 scans, never turned to acknowledge me, only put up her hand. The nurse assistant was very kind and helpful but I feel that the practitioner could be a littler more talkative.

All in all a pleasant experience.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Owl970"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback about your recent visit to our hospital. I am pleased that this was overall a positive experience and apologise that this was slightly let down by the attitude of one of our practitioners. I have forwarded the email to the X-ray manager who I know will pick this up as a team concern to improve the overall experience for future patients.

Kind Regards