"What care did my dad receive?"

About: King George Hospital

My dad has just died whilst in the care of King Georges. He died of something other than what made him ill enough to be admitted for in the first place. Also, he fell out of bed breaking his hip whilst in their care! Disgusting - he was a 75 year old man for gods sake - shouldn't they have been caring for him?? Older people should be put in side rail beds so they cant fall out.

Apart from this (which is big enough) my other gripe is the fact we were left as a family to cry in the corridor because there is no family room. Even though we asked for somewhere to go, we were directed to the corridor. Typical. Also, my father’s body had not been prepared before we were allowed to see him.

I just want everyone to know how appalling, uncaring and cold I found this hospital to be.

Would I use this hospital again? Hell no. Luckily I live out of the area but, if my mum gets ill I would rather take her elsewhere if possible.

Response from King George Hospital

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your experience of King George Hospital. I was sorry to learn of your concerns.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the sad death of your father. I do appreciate that this is a very difficult time for you and your family.

I was very concerned to read about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity of looking into the points you have raised. It would be useful if you could provide me with more information to enable an investigation.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact a member of the Patient Advice & Liaison Services (PALS) on 01708 435454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

Yours sincerely,