"Abdominal aortic aneurism operation"

About: Southmead Hospital

The above operation was carried out at Frenchay Hospital on 3rd Jan 2013 after post op ward ,I was transferred to Southmead Hos ICU then on to Woodland Ward,after few hours became very ill,back to ICU for 3 days recovered from pneumonia ,back to Woodland ward discharged on the 10 Jan

All the Consultant's and all the staff were very caring and highly proffesional ,I feel very fortunate and grateful to have survived (thanks to all Staff concerned )

My only complaint ,I had to do a 20 min walk from Woodland Ward to the car park in the freezing cold ,after such a major operation I found very difficult.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Mr Robinson – I apologise for not being able to respond to your comments until now; unfortunately we were experiencing some technical problems.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your positive experience of both Frenchay and Southmead Hospitals. I am pleased that all the staff were caring and highly professional and that you have had such a good result.

I am sorry that you were not properly supported on your discharge and I have feed this back to the team concerned to ensure they know to check that patients are able to cope with the transfer to their transport.

Kind regards – Steve Sykes