"Experience with 111 service in Hillingdon"

About: Harmoni / NHS 111

I had tonsillitis which was showing no signs of improvement after a multiple week long spell. I called 111 and was scheduled an appointment in the evening of the same day.

It was very useful to see the doctor, he prescribed me painkillers and an anti inflammatory spray and said the infection should just clear up on its own. The waiting time was no problem at all and the staff were helpful.

The only thing I feel could be improved is the service of the person who first answered my 111 call, before being put through to the doctor. I feel he could have explained the service a little better to me.

Response from Amanda Mayo, NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

I hope that you are feeling better now. I would be interested in understanding what additional information you required when you called and therefore if you would be kind enough to provide me with your name, date of birth and date of contact with the service I would be very happy to listen to the call and look at the clinical records and provide feedback to you personally. If you would like to do this, please email me on harmoni111.feedback@nhs.net.