"Patient Feedback Challenge on Rowan 2, Highbury Hospital"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Here are a few of the stories from that we collected from our visit to Rowan 2, Highbury Hospital yesterday.

“At first when I was told I was going to Highbury, I panicked, but being on Rowan 2, I’ve noticed a difference, the staff are very friendly. ” “They treat people like they are human beings because I have been treated badly in the past. ”

“Like it when I am treated with respect, this is only by certain people”

“I came onto the ward on Thursday and I think the staff are lovely. ” Except the doctor”

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I have passed this onto the team who will be pleased to read your comments.

I noted that you didn't feel the same about the Doctor. I am sorry you felt this way if there is anything we can do about this please come back to us.

Response from Steven Daykin, Ward Manager , Redwood 1, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Again thank you for sharing this with us, it is really nice to know that the staff are making people feel welcomed and treat people as we would all liked to be treated themselves. It is a daunting experience coming into hospital, but glad you all feel the staff try to make the ward as comfortable and friendly place whilst you are on Rowan 2. I am sorry that you felt you did not get as welcomed by the doctor.

If you would like to discuss this in more depth please feel free to approach myself Steve Daykin (Clinical Team Leader or Ruth Warren (Ward Manager) on the ward or telephone 0115 8760110 if you are no longer on the ward.

Steve Daykin, Clinical Team Leader