"Appointment on--time. A reassuring experience."

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I was impressed by the promptness of my appointment. It was almost exactly to time. There was no waiting around and this was much appreciated.

The Registrar was polite and friendly. He put me at my ease and led me through the facts of my condition and its treatment. He was exuded confidence without arrogance. Most welcome!

He answered my questions without condescension and encouraged more. I came away far more knowledgeable and reassured than when I first went in.

The Maritime is an old hospital and the building is complicated. Hard to keep it looking good then. Nevertheless, I felt it was as clean as it could be in my, admittedly, brief acquaintance as an out-patient.

I was less impressed by the way the hospital authorities tolerates people smoking right by the Main Entrance! The reception staff said they were unable to do anything. 'Strictly No Smoking' signs are simply ignored. Why is this?

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments. We are happy to hear that you found the registrar polite and friendly. I have passed your kind words to the service manager for dermatology.

I have also highlighted the issue you raised around smoking to our services manager. This is an area that we are looking into.

Suzanne Brooker