"Thank you to the Glaxo Renal Unit - Heartlands Hospital"

About: Heartlands Hospital

To all concerned

I have been attending the renal unit at Heartlands as a patient since September 2011 and feel the need to give praise where praise is due.

Until I attended the renal unit I was oblivious to the work carried out there and I now know from my own experience during the last fifteen months the extent of the care that is given by the staff involved.

I have to applaud the NHS and the management, doctors and staff for the dedicated care given to all of the patients and most of all I have to thank the nursing staff who toil long hours on a daily basis to ensure that personal care is given to every patient. I had never realised how hard nurses work or how much they are taken for granted but I know better now.

Where else would you find staff willing to work their Sunday day off in order to maintain patient care and have a Christmas day and New Years day holiday.

Dedication is the word that comes to mind and I hope my fellow patients are as appreciative as I am.

The NHS must be very proud of the achievements of this unit.

From one very grateful patient with my endless thanks.

Response from Jyoti Baharani, Consultant Physician and Nephrologist, Renal, Heartlands Hospital

Dear Father Sid

Firstlly can I thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed feedback. I will be sure to pass this on to all the staff in Glaxo. It is really good to see praise from patients such as yourselves in writing.

They are a dedicated bunch and this feedback will help us to strive harder. Many thanks again and the very best for your continued health.