"Had to chase up TRAQS appointment, but good service from department in the end."

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

This is the second time in the past few months I have used the TRAQS system, for physio treatment at the Princess Royal Hospital. On both occasions I have to chase up the appointment as I have not been contacted in the time I was told I would (I gave it several weeks longer). However, once I was contacted by the department the service was very good.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback to TRAQS.

I am sorry that you were not contacted in the time you expected. Once your GP has decided to refer you for further treatment there are 3 steps which the practice follow before TRAQS is aware of the patient's referral. This sometimes takes few days depending upon the processes within the practice. TRAQS aims to contact the patient to arrange an appointment within 5 days of receiving the referral on our computer system.

Please accept our apologies for the delay you experienced on this occasion.

I am pleased to hear that once you had contacted the TRAQS team you were happy with the service you received. As we are a new service we appreciate all feedback from our patients/carers which will help us to develop the service further.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Comments like this help us to improve the way that GPs work with TRAQS and TRAQS works with the hospital.