"Very grateful to dedicated staff at City Hospital and Lings Bar"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Lings Bar Hospital

My husband and I wish to thank all NHS staff concerned for the support they have given me relating to my hip operation at City Hospital between August and October. All aspects of the service were excellent. First of all, at City Hospital (Lister Ward 1) then at Lings Bar Hospital (Castle Ward), and lastly here at home.

The support involved physio and occupational therapy, nurse and carers and the Red Cross in providing the necessary equipment. The technical aspects of support were obviously important, but the manner in which it was provided - by clearly dedicated, understanding and caring staff - leaves a lasting impression.

We would be grateful if our comments could be made known to those involved - with our thanks and very best wished - indeed to the NHS generally - for a happy Christmas and a healthily successful 2013.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships

Dear Golfer 687 - Thank you so very much for your feedback and kind comments on the care that you have received from the team in Lings Bar Hospital. I shall pass your comments to the ward teams who I know will be thrilled to hear such lovely comments. It is always lovely for us to hear that we have made a lasting impression in such a positive manner. Thank you again for taking the time to respond in this way.

Sara Jane Ashmore - Head of In Patient Services.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s lovely to hear such positive feedback regarding your care. We will of course share your kind words with the Lister ward 1 staff.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.