"Actually a bit sad to leave Wrightington Hospital"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I have recently had two separate surgical procedures carried out at Wrightington. One on my wrist and also a total hip replacement, both done within 9 weeks of each other.

I can honestly say that my experiences before, during and after surgery far exceeded what I expected. Everyone at the hospital has been so friendly and helpful that I was actually a bit sad to have to leave and go home.

Being somebody who is known to pass out in hospitals, I was a bit apprehensive about the surgery but on both occasions I cannot recall feeling any pain or discomfort. The care I received on Ward 6 after the hip replacement was outstanding with all the staff being very professional and caring.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wrightington Hospital to anyone thinking of having this type of treatment.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting your comments about Wrightington Hospital and your positive remarks and recommendations following your orthopaedic management. These have been shared with the Director of Performance and Head of Nursing on the Wrightington site and in particular the staff on Ward 6.

May I take this opportunity to wish you well with your continued recovery.