"Overall service: excellent, professional,..."

About: National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Admission was very good, professional and sensitive to need. I was transferred from Watford General Hospital. I appreciated seeing the registrar on a Sunday night (12th Feb 12) off duty explaining to me what the plan was.

Molly Fox Lane staff was dedicated, professional, competent and most of all had a sense of humour!

Surgery after care was good.

Communication about the outcome of the surgery overall was good

As there was some "bad news" ie diagnosis of GBM I thought it could have been communicated much earlier. The op was on the 14tth Feb and the meeting did not take place until 18th Feb just before discharge, perhaps not the best timing. Leading up to it doctors were preparing the ground by dropping hints, which meant little, if you did not not the context.

The only other thing was the occupational therapist who insisted on her questions being answered the following day despite being told by me that I was not up to answering questions and that I had already been through the same questions the day before! Clearly somebody who prefers forms to people.

I only came across this feedback facility now! Needs to be publicised more!

Response from National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

It is always useful to receive feedback so that we can ensure that we improve our services. I have fedback your comments regarding communication after your procedure to the clinical teams so that this may be improved.