"An efficient service that improves the management..."

About: St James's University Hospital

I was sent to the diabetes out patient clinic as a same day emergency by my GP. The service I received then and since was efficient, caring and responsive to my individual needs. I was only given the information I needed at that time and further information about my condition and how to manage it has been given appropriately.

Nothing really. It is an excellent service that avoids hospital admission and doctor appointments while providing the ongoing treatment, education, management and support by phone to your specialist nurse whenever you need it.

The only real problem is with the communication and follow-up at my GP surgery. But this is a separate issue and not the fault of the hospital. I am concerned about the time I am discharged to my own GPs care.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to pass on comments about the different aspects of your experience. Your comments are valued and have been passed to the department concerned.

If you would like to discuss the issues in person, and confidentially, you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

With kind regards