"My experience of Nottinghamshire CAMHS"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Community(County)

Things were going well for me but over time I began to feel awful, I fell out with everyone, and slowly started ruining my own life. I ended up at camhs following an overdose and self-harm, everything slowly built up over time, then I imploded. Things started to get better, but then other stresses caused another overdose. After 10 separate visits to this service things started to get a bit easier, it's far from perfect but I'm still working on it. My care was great, I had a worker at Thorneywood; she taught me that it's okay not to be okay, and helped me manage my emotions. Nothing could have been improved with my care, as it was provided at an optimum level.

Thank you for sharing your story which I will pass on to Thorneywood as I know they will want to reply to you.

Keep on going and I'm really pleased to hear you had such great care.

Good luck in the future.

Response from Samantha Sykes, CAMHS Operational Manager / Clinical Nurse Specialist, Head 2 Head Team., Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

It's always heartening for us to hear when young people manage to make positive changes and start to improve things in their lives, with some help from us. We also like to hear that your care has helped you to do this, and that your care could not have been improved on.

We wish you continued success on your journey of recovery and look forward to you getting to where you want to be.

Best wishes for the future.