"Excellent care for my aunt"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Respiratory Medicine

I arrived at the A&E Department on a Saturday afternoon in December with an unwell Aunt. I would like to thank the staff for being so kind and caring towards my aunt.

Thanks to them she was treated with dignity and consideration and is now recovering at home having been with given the correct treatment for an infection in her Lung.

Thank you very much.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting and where appropriate to pass comments on.

Once again, thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

I know that the staff who took care of your Aunt at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.