"poor customer service"

About: The Great Western Hospital

I rang the x-ray department in December to make an appointment for a bone x-ray as somebody from the department rang me the week before. The lady was extremely rude on the phone and didn't let me finish to explain why I was ringing and why I was booking an x-ray. When I questioned her as to why somebody had rang me when it wasn't needed, she wouldn't apologise for the mistake. I'm now waiting for someone to call me back but I won't hold my breath...

customer service training

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the service you should expect when contacting the x-ray department.

We have just introduced a new programme of customer service training for our staff which is currently being rolled out across the Trust at both Great Western Hospital and our community sites. The training is designed to build on staff's knowledge and understanding of good customer service in a variety of everyday situations, such as phone conversations.

We will be sharing your comments with the Radiology (x-ray) team to look at what improvements can be made and ensure they are reflected in our training.