"Terrible service"

About: Chase Farm Hospital

I have so far been waiting for over a month for a response to a dental referral for a wisdom tooth extraction. Nobody has answered any letters, emails or telephone calls despite my dentist stating that it is causing me pain and infection.

The advice for dental extraction that something must be done within 4 weeks of consultation but apparently they dont have to do anything if they do not schedule an initial consultation in the first place. This is unacceptable and somewhat ridiculous.

Even attempting to call the department at different times of the day in case the department is busy does nothing - they still do not answer the call and even the main switchboard officer has told me that there is no other way of contacting the department directly.

Wherever possible, try to get referred to any other hospital in London.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

We were so sorry to read your comments and would like to investigate this for you. Please could you contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) either by telephone on 020 8375 2378 or by email to bcf-tr.chasefarmpals@nhs.net with your details.