"Good overalL, lovely new A&E"

About: Good Hope Hospital

I visited A&E with a neighbour this week after she had a fall and a suspected broken ankle.

Most of the staff I came across were helpful and kind despite the large number of people waiting, some of those people being pretty rude. I' ve read the recent comments about A and E being dirty but no mention that this may be due to the fact the A&E is being done-up. The new bit that has been built there looks fab and is spotless. Having visited myself about 10 years ago, I know this was a bit of a dingy A&E back them.

Sometimes patients also need patience when it comes to visiting A and E!! and if you have better things to do than wait then perhaps the treatment isn't an emergency after-all.

There was something of a wait for us to be seen and treated but it seemed to be that the staff were getting used to their new ward and there didn't appear that we were delayed due to complacency, just volume.

Quite a long wait and reception staff a little bit cold.

Response from Patient Engagement Office and Project Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Firstly apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will ensure it is shared with the Staff in A&E. As you can imagine the Department is always very busy and a very stressful environemnt to work in so staff always welcome any feedback they receive.

Regards

Catherine Williams

Patient Engagement Department

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department