"World-class maternity care"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I was incredibly happy with the care I received at Kings through a complex pregnancy, caesarean section, and beyond, which involved not just maternity services but also haematology and A&E.

I found all the staff I had contact with - from porter to receptionist, nurse to sonographer, midwife to consultant obstetrician - to be unfailingly polite and friendly, and in some cases they went well beyond the call of duty on my account. In particular the maternity helpline is a brilliant idea and I felt really lucky to be able to speak to a midwife when I needed reassurance. I felt empowered and supported to make my own choices about my care throughout my pregnancy.

Even my postnatal stay, about which I'd been concerned following an unpleasant experience in another London hospital, was enjoyable - the ward was gleamingly clean and the food pleasant!

I feel incredibly lucky to have had my baby at Kings and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Response from Cathy Varley, PALS Manager, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments about the support and care provided from staff in differing teams across the hospital through your recent pregnancy and delivery and the control that you retained about decisions regarding your treatment and care.Thank you for also commenting on the cleanliness of the wrad and qulaity of the food. Your comments will of course be passed to all the relevant teams involved.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)