"Really bad experience in MAT-2 (Some midwives are..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

The way I was treated in labour ward was excellent. The midwife who was helping me around after having a c-section was really a nice lady, she dealt with me in a much professional way and deserved my appreciation.

After having a c-section I was moved to MAT-2 (which was on 28 Nov 2012). This was my first baby and I really needed some help in handling the baby especially during the night time but I hardly get any help on time, midwives hardly listened me.

Honestly, it was a worst experience in this ward and I think some of the staff members really need to be taught about their job & the right attitude towards patients. At one point me and my partner decided to go for a private treatment because of their rude attitude, the rest you can imagine how satisfied we would be.

I won't recommend anyone to go for Maternity in this hospital.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are very pleased you were happy with the service we provided while you were in the labour ward at the Royal Oldham Hospital; however we are sorry you were not happy with the service we provided on Maternity – 2.

If you wish to have your concerns investigated further please contact the Patients Advice Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.

We will also forward your comment to the ward managers.