"She shines bright like a diamond"

About: Ashley House / Recovery service

I'm nearly there but not quite... my key worker has helped me massively - I simply wouldn't know what to do without her.

She is an absolute godsend who listens and does not judge. I went in there a mess and I'm fixing myself back to where I was - she has given me so much confidence and I'm ready to unleash the real me without masking me with drugs.

VIDA has been great too. All of the help combined is truly appreciated - but most of all to my key worker - the Oprah Winfrey of Ashley house.

Response from Nicola Guthrie, Halton Integrated Recovery Service Manager, CRI

Thank you so much for your kind words - there has been a real buzz in the service to identify the diamond!

It's great to hear about your recovery and your posting painted a picture of real excitement for the future, I sincerely thank you for sharing your experience and optimism. I truly believe this will be a great inspiration for all facing difficulties with their own drug or alcohol issues and you will act as a great inspiration to many.

Well done for the progress to date and I sincerely hope you stay in contact with Ashley House and continue to share your journey.