"Impressed by emergency gall bladder surgery"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

Arrived at A&E East Surrey, Redhill @ 6am with severe upper abdominal pain. Immediately triaged and into the department and from there the care was amazing. Can't tell you how impressed and delighted I am.

Soon diagnosed with gall stones, pain relief administered (thank goodness!) and moved to. A room on Brook ward where yet more terrific care and service was received.

Mr James arrived the next morning to advise immediate removal - in emergency theatre - 50/50 chance of a slot. At 5pm I was in theatre and discharged the following day.

What an astonishing experience - scary, yes, but once in hospital felt in confident in good hands throughout. Truly the NHS at it's best.

On a poor note - the food was grim, nil by mouth was a blessing ; ))

Dear Beatrix Potter

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at East Surrey Hospital. I have forwarded your comments to Mr James and the Sister of Brook Ward.

I'm sorry that you found the food so poor; if you felt like letting me have more information please either call me on 017373 231988 or e-mail ian.mackenzie@asph.nhs.uk as I am keen to listen to patients' views on how we can improve things.

Finally we are keen to understand more about our patients experience at East Surrey so if you have time please could you go to www.yourcarematters.co.uk where there is a more detailed questionnaire about the Hospital. You were hopefully told about this when you were discharged from Brook Ward?