About: St Helier Hospital

My mother in law was admitted with a urinary tract infection and renal failure. She was very confused and rather frail. A F1 who had worked for the consultant in the geriatric Clinic, took over from the A&E duty registrar and did a very thorough examination of my mother-in-law's condition. The UTI was causing the confusion and I was grateful that she was admitted. In the end she stayed for two weeks. At all times I was impressed by the level of care and dignity and respect in the way she was treated. My poor Mum was so low she said to the consultant "why bother with her at 86" The consultant replied that he'd like to see her get to 90 or beyond. How positive! My Mum in Law has been at home now for a couple of months and goes from strength to strength. The quality of her life has improved immeasurably and she is better than I have seen her for years.

I think the treatment in wards A1 and A5 was fantastic and I wanted to let you know the quality of the care has and is making a real difference to quality of life. Well done

Really good to see helpful nursing assistants on the wards who are able to respond quickly to requests to go to the toilet. It is so important to the dignity of patients. There was a particularly lovely assistant on A1.

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about the care your mother-in-law received at St Helier Hospital.

I have passed your comments on to the wards, as well as A&E.

The care we provide to all patients - no matter their age - is important and your feedback will please the teams involved.

Thank you again.