"Great care for cellulitus"

About: Stafford Hospital / Older people's healthcare

Although the previous day I had a very severe headache, sickness and generally feeling very unwell, like most I had the thought 2 paracetamol and sleep would make it better. However, the next day a heated rash appeared on my right shin and over the course of 6 hours grew in size along with my headache pain.

Upon the suggestion of friends I attended Stafford DG A&E a little after 6pm. By 6.30pm I had registered and been seen by the Triage Nurse, within a few minutes waiting time I was admitted and treatment had started with IV anti-biotics and pain relief. I had never heard Cellulitus, but I do now.

The efficiency, professionalism, attention to detail and immediate care given by all the staff members I came into contact with from the initial A&E, AMU, Critical Care and Ward Staff was very gratefully received.

Eight weeks on after a stay of 1 week as a patient, I am here to tell my story and say a huge Thank You.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Sept2012"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this very positive feedback. We are delighted that you had a positive experience of our services and that you are now recovering well. I have shared your comments with the managers and teams involved in your care.

Kind Regards