"Overall the experience was very positive."

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I've twice visited A&E due to major fractures and was quite overwhelmed by the care I received. I expected the initial wait, but once the X-rays showed the extent of the fractures I was seen by several doctors who involved me in all decisions. The initial care I received enabled the broken bones to be stabilised until a specialist surgeon could do the necessary plating and pinning. Everybody, from the initial receptionist, through X-ray, plasterer and doctors showed me only kindness and consideration that extended also to the friends who brought me to A&E. .Ward care was also excellent. Thank you to a fantastic team.

Same day admissions unit - Patients are called too early and trauma patients referred from A&E have a very long wait until admitted (if then) and can be called back after waiting all day often in some discomfort. Also on a hot summer day there was no air conditioning adding to the discomfort. I know it is not easy to find beds for all but could this be reformed in some way?

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for your feedback which we will pass to the team involved.