"excellent service at Derriford hospital"

About: Derriford Hospital / General medicine Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

When I went to Derriford Hospital this year (March 2012) there were several tests I had to undertake so I was pre-warned that I would be spending a few hours at the hospital. I was fully informed by my GP and also a member of the hospital staff exactly what to expect at my appointment which I found really helpful. I cannot praise the medical staff enough. They were kind, caring and efficient and I would recommend family and friends because of my positive experience at Derriford.

One lady I have to highlight is the ultrasound nurse. She was a joy to meet and actually made the process a pleasant one.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your visit to Derriford Hospital in March 2012. I am so pleased that you found the staff caring and efficient and that they were able to reassure you and put you at ease. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments with a special mention for the Ultrasound team.

Mary