"Visiting the health centre for a blood test"

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital Fartown Health Centre

When I phoned to make the appointment, I was dealt with efficiently and politely. I visited the health centre for an appointment for a blood test. I had not visited the health centre before and did not know my way round. I felt that the Locala member of staff at the reception desk was abrupt, unhelpful and a little rude in directing me to the correct location for my appointment. The phlebotomist from Calderdale and Huddersfield Trust was very efficient and had a warm, approachable manner, I particularly noticed how gentle and reassuring she was towards the older people who were waiting.

Response from Linda Thomas, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for providing such positive feedback about our phlebotomist, we are pleased to hear she delivered a high level of service. We will, of course, pass your comments on to the Phlebotomy service. We are sure our colleagues at Locala will address the other issues.

Response from Gemma Fowler, Integrated Governance Clinical Manager, Locala Community Partnerships We are preparing to make a change

Hi Elli

I'm really sorry that on your recent visit to Fartown you found the Receptionist "abrupt, unhelpful and a little rude". This obviously falls short of the level of service we expect our staff to give and our patients to receive. The issues you raise will be shared with the manager of the reception services immediately and I will provide you with an update on here as soon as possible.

If you wish to speak to me in person about your experience then please do not hesitate to call me on 01924 351440.

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Elli

I have spoken to the manager of reception services at Fartown. As we do not know the precise details of when you visited, it is difficult to be specific. However, I can inform you that most of our receptionists have received 3 days training in customer care, in which we strive for excellence. Therefore, this type of posting is exactly the kind of thing that Locala wants to see as it is one way of monitoring the services we provide. Please be assured that your posting will now been shared with staff at Fartown.

I will of course continue to monitor any postings about the issues you raise and escalate any further concerns.

Gemma