"Support on my journey"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 17 years old and have struggled for many years with my mental illness. I have had money problems and have been homeless. I got involved with the social inclusion and wellbeing service in and I studied to improve my maths and English skills. Sangita helped me to get a voluntary job in a charity shop and was supported to start an NVQ in Retail. Kerisa has been a great support worker for me. I have just moved to a new flat and I am getting support from Jackie and Kelly. Also my social worker Jane has been great, she is a good listener and is helping me with my wellbeing.

Dear John16

Thank you for taking the time to share your story about your recovery.

I know that the team has recently started using volunteer feedback champions to gather stories about services. It will mean a great deal to them to hear how your life has been changed due to their support.

Good luck in the future