"I was treated with dignity & respect in a clean &..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I had a total hip replacement and pelvis reconstruction operation in Feb 2010. My consultant was amazing, visiting me everyday (sometimes twice) on the ward. The ward was extremely clean, well organised and motivated patients to get moviing and get better. The staff from sister to the wonderful cleaners were friendly, kind and professional.

The aftercare I have received has also been exceptional and the consultant makes a point of seeing their patients personally wherever possible and takes an interest in his patients welfare and aftercare as much as the operation itself.

I would recommend the hospital to friends and relatives and have had to use the hospital for various reasons since this operation and have found the same level of care and professionalism across the board.

My only criticisim would be the food, which when you are not feeling well can be a real disappointment .

Response from Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

At The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust we strive to provide the best possible care and to meet the expectations of all of our patients.

I am so pleased that you had a good experience however if ever you need any help with your care or feel you have any questions which remain unanswered, please do call our PALS team on 01279 827084 and we will do everything we can possibly do to help.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Izzybuzzy,

I am so happy to read about the good standard of care we delivered, in the ward, from the doctors, from cleaners, from the sister and in the hospital overall.

However, the food was your only criticism, so I would like you to join one of our user groups, we have a Nutrition Group who would be delighted to have you attend.

If you are interested in this could you call me on 01279 827084 and I will get you set up to attend our next meeting.