"Really pleased with how my operation went and the..."

About: King's Mill Hospital

I had hip replacement surgery in August and was very pleased how well and pain free the operation went. The anaesthetists, surgeon, surgical team and recovery staff were first class. Once back on the ward, the staff ensured any pain was well under control. I stayed in hospital for a week and found most of the staff helpful and pleasent. There was a good choice of food on the menu and the meals were very nice.

I was in a 4 bed ward, throughout the night some staff worked as if it was daytime and had no consideration for patients trying to sleep. They often had their personal conversations between themselves, oblivious to the fact that for everyone else, it was night time.The ward lights were kept on full and sometimes not dimmed until well after midnight. I found a certain night staff member could have a bit of an attitude, it was like she begrudged the fact you was in bed and she was working!

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your message, we are very pleased that you were so happy with your recent surgery and admission. We will ensure that your comments are passed to the nurse lead for orthopaedics for her to share with her team and to ensure that the aspects you expressed concerns about will be addressed.