"Excellent, caring and efficiently co-ordinated."

About: University Hospital Lewisham

I had a hip replacement operation in June 2012. As a fairly young (50!) patient to undergo this procedure I was a bit apprehensive about how the operation would go and whether it would heal my pain . The whole process from start to finish was excellent, starting with the Hip and Knee club, moving through the pre-surgical assessment to the operation itself and beyond. The whole service was excellently co-ordinated and I was amazed that I received visits at home from occupational therapy and physio. I would like to thank everyone involved in my care. Thank you all for relieving my pain.

Please pass my thanks onto everyone. They might not all remember me but I remember them!

The only issue was that the date of my operation was changed, then moved back to the original date, which took some re-organising at work. But I know this is a small price to pay for our precious NHS and I was kept up in the loop at all times.

Response from Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad that you had a positive experience.