"Worrying and upsetting"

About: Watford General Hospital

I have been calling the medical secretaries over the course of the last month as a referral letter from my doctors surgery was urgently faxed over to the gynocology department. Every time i call I am told that the letter has not yet been reviewed and that someone will call me back. I have never been called back and then I call again and am told my letter has still not been reviwed. I called on Friday last week and was told I would receive a call on Monday. This did not happen. I have been trying to call over the last few days, as has my doctors surgery and I still have not heard anything. I don't understand how a letter can be sent urgently and not reviewed for a month. I also do not understand why I am being told that someone will get back to me when they don't. I'm not sure if it is understood that a leverl of pastoral care should be provided here and how worrying this situation is for a patient. I feel I have no control over this system and do not know where I stand in getting this sorted.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thank you for feedback on your patient experience to date, through our NHS Choices page. Unfortunately, without specific details on you and your case it is difficult to comment.

Nevertheless, if you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will do their upmost to investigate if there is anything we can do to address your appointment situation, and at the very least, explain the current process. They can be contacted by email: pals@whht.nhs.uk, or by phone on: 01923 217198.