"Calm, efficient, caring experience from start to..."

About: York Hospital

Friendly, efficient, calming staff.

Clean, bright waiting area.

The NP that treated me explained the issues very clearly, was very re-assuring about the course of action needed and was caring without being patronising or cloying - a very fine balance!

My injury (a bad gash on my finger) is now healing amazingly well - he did a great job of patching me up.

I presume the lack of a clock in the waiting room is a deliberate ploy, but I would have liked to have been able to check the time. Just a really small point and not important in the scheme of things.

I am extremely grateful for the care and service I received. In these days of targets and constant interference, it must be very difficult to treat patients with respect and care instead of just numbers/problems to be dealt with, but you guys managed it with ease.

I was quite shaky and nervous when I arrived, but calm and happy (and fixed!) when I left.

A big thanks to all concerned.

Plus laughing gas is fab!

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.