"The Professional Care, Courtesy, Surgery and all..."

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

On April 26th I had a very successful hip replacement at Mount Vernon Hospital by the wonderful professional team (who are exemplary). I am now substantially more active as a result of this procedure and sincerely wish to thank all concerned for the care I received before, during and after the operation.

The rapid recovery route enabled a full comprehension and understanding of the procedure and recovery.

Along with the theatre team, the joint school staff, physiotherapists, occupational health, anaesthetists, the nursing staff on Trinity Ward all the porters were good humoured, professional and outstanding.

Should I have omitted anyone from this note it is only by default and indeed not their fault!! ?

This measure of care and professionalism is extremely rare in today’s world and should be a landmark for others to aspire too.

Many thanks again to all the staff that made this possible for myself and for so many others - Please note: even on what may appear a thankless day you all certainly make a major difference in the world!!

English Language & Culture Comprehension by a couple of Nurses. Minor confusion at times - At least no call centre experience!

The Professional courtesy received was in excess of any old fashioned pre-conceived ideas about NHS Care. I felt comfortably secure with the whole experience. If had to have any other surgery in the future I would wish to use Mount Vernon's Surgical team again.

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your operation at Mount Vernon Hospital. We are really pleased to hear of your positive experience and comfortable stay on Trinity ward. All our staff are committed to providing a high standard of care and a safe, comfortable environment for all patients, so it is always encouraging to hear such a positive patient story. I will pass your feedback on to the team on Trinity ward. Roya Cole Matron