"The nurse taking a blood sample at home"

About: Community Health Services Whiston Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

First of all I was in Whiston Hospital. The service was excellent. I was so well looked after after having my hip replacement.

When I was discharged I then needed my warfarin checked, thats when I needed the warfarin nurse.

Val came, so friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure to have her and the nurses who checked on my operation.

The only thing was the answer machine. I wish I could speak to a person - Not a machine.

Keep up the good work.

Response from Patient Experience and Engagement Lead, St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust

Dear Slight 997

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you found the service you received at Whiston Hospital to be an excellent one. It is our aim to make sure all our patients have a positive experience and we place them at the heart of everything we do.

It is very encouraging to receive comments such as yours, and I will pass them on to the team involved in your care. May I take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery.

Patient Experience & Engagement Lead

Response from Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Slight997,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment following your experience of the Knowsley Phlebotomy service.

We understand that the answer phone system is not ideal for some patients and we are currently looking at new systems to replace this method of communication. We value your comments.

Kind regards,