"life changing for the worse ."

About: James Paget University Hospital

i got an infection in my wound on day 4 post surgery and I am left with an open wound being dressed every day probably for the rest of my life. I also got MRSA while on ward 4. I am 86. nobody cares as long as i'm out of sight and back in the community. There is an alternative to heal my wound but because CTS suite do not follow procedures or instructions for use of this particular equipment the JPH have no successful reasons to go by to use it. Staff are simply not passing on information . Surgeons are no longer in charge, they seem to delegate outside their field of expertise in the hope they can trust the feedback , if any. I am left wondering if what I have been through was worth it. I went into the JPH independent, self sufficient, confident and fit. Two months later i find myself none of these any longer and I will never be able to live on my own without outside help and a nurse coming in daily.

Response from James Paget University Hospital

We are concerned to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss this further with our Director of Nursing, Tina Cookson, please make contact through her PA on 01493 452759.

Ann Filby, Head of Communications