About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

The food and drinks were excellent. My initial nurse was very good.Lovely health cares. Very impressed with them.

At the time of my visit to the ward there was a c diff outbreak so none of the side rooms were available. So I was put on the ward with one other female (completely vile she was) although her boyfriend was allowed to stay the entire day with her. All day they spent arguing which I had to listern too!! Nothing was said about this. He was even given all his meals!! All whilst i was going through a serious personal medical procedure!! This strange man was there listerning to it all!! The toilet I was able to use was across the corridor which meant I had to keep running backwards and forwards.

Males visitors should not be allowed to stay on the wards past visiting times. And vertically not encouraged to stay by having all their meals offered to them.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

City Hospitals apologises that some elements of your experience did not meet the standards which we aim to provide. Your comment has been passed on to the relevant area for action. If you would like to contact us further, please email corporate.affairs@chsft.nhs.uk.