"Upsetting and confusing and I am now dreading..."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Most of the nurses on the ward apart from one were friendly and reassuring and answered any questions and explained what they were doing!

The doctors attitude towards me was horrible, she either hadn't read my notes or they were wrong and she didn't listen to what I said either talking over me or telling me I was wrong when I said I was in pain and hadn't suffered with sickness earlier in my pregneancy. A nurse stood complaining about me wanting my sheets changed in front of me and for Atleast half a day my notes seemed to be lost and my blood pressure was recorded on a scrap of paper from the nurses pocket. Staff regularly contradicted each other and nothing was explained or talked through with me, which I began to find quite worrying and upsetting. Most of thestaff that I met seemed either dismissive or annoyed that they had to do basic things.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, your description falls far below the standard we would expect. We will require more information about you and your time with us to investigate this properly, please contact our Patient Information and Liaison Service on 08081 788337 http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/