"Amazing and caring professionalism even while..."

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I was so impressed with the staff's professionalism and attitude when I accompanied my (adult) daughter to Tuesday fracture clinic in Suite 1 Golden Jubilee wing this week. The waiting area was packed with a huge number of people awaiting a variety of attention - some a little demanding - and yet the staff appeared friendly, efficient and cheerfully in control in dealing with everyone. Taking into consideration the numbers awaiting treatment, they must have been working under pressure to cover it all but I overheard a number of exchanges that showed a gentleness, caring and respectful approach to all patients from all levels of professionals. Something they can all feel very proud of - as do I on their behalf. I can't think of a better teaching hospital approach than this if trainees are then encouraged to carry this excellence to other hospitals. Thank you.

Response from Jessica Bush, Head of Engagement and Patient Experience, Patient and Public Involvement, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thankfully this has now been rectified.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

Thank you for posting such kind comments about King's; I am glad that the service that you and your daughter received was good. I am only sorry that we didn't respond earlier. Unfortunately there was a bit of a glitch with the system which meant that we didn't get an alert to tell us that you had posted a comment. Thankfully we've now sorted this out.