"I was astonished."
About: Stafford Hospital Stafford Hospital Stafford ST16 3SA
What I liked
What could be improved
I was astounded to see a dog roaming the hospital. We have to tolerate the risk of guide dogs for understandable reasons.
This dog was some kind of well intentioned "chearing up dog". Patients were encouraged to meet and pat it. This practice should be stopped immediately. In the days of striving for good hygene the obvious risks are:
1. Asthma and allergy sufferers become worse in the proximity of furry animals.
2. Dogs are less clean than humans. Who knows where the feet and mouth of a dog have been?
3. Multiple hand to dog contact can spread germs from hand to hand rendering the please to clean our hands somewhat worthless.
I have not raised this as a discussion forum issue but for action. Please confirm that this is being acted upon.