"I wasn't treated as an individual."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

I know the waiting area was temporary but it was very crowded. The care was very uninformative. I was offered pain relief for my problem and no other advise. I then went to Liverpool A&E and although they couldn't do much more physically for me they spent a lot longer reassuring me and advising further care. I left the Blackburn A&E in tears and very upset, hopefully never to return.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

We are sorry that the service at the Accident and Emergency Department did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service they will be able to act on your behalf and pass on the concerns raised to the Accident and Emergency department to investigate.

PALS can be contacted by telephone or by e-mail:

By telephone: 0800 5872586 .

By e-mail: PALS@elht.nhs.uk

PALS office hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am-4.30pm If the phone is not answered straight away, please leave a message and PALS will respond to you at the earliest opportunity.

PALS is a confidential service and they will not disclose personal information without your consent, or the consent of the patient involved.